Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Soy Batiking at Judyinthedyes

Last week I journeyed to Gainesville to Judy's place to try Soy Batiking. All I can say is I am hooked. I need to start finding the supplies , like an electric skillet to melt the wax and creative things to dip in the wax to stamp on my fabric. This is a Tjap and is dipped in the wax and stamped on the fabric.


Me stamping , head must be at weird angle just for photographing purposes.



Applying the thickened dye to the pieces was like finger painting as a child. Nice and goopy.






My finished pieces were a lot lighter than I would have liked and the green disappeared from the turtle piece. But all in all I love them.




Fun fun fun




































1 comment:

  1. Have you tried using Elmer's Gel glue for the resist? I played with it some and like the results.

    ReplyDelete