Sunday, November 22, 2009

Buds from the Past

This beautiful quilt is a memory quilt made by Cathy Rowan. This quilt is for her sister who lost her son several years ago. Cathy used to come to Cotton Patch guild , we would see her and her exquisitely hand quilted quilts at the show every 2 years. I was so happy to hear from her and found out she works in downtown Athens now so I plan to get her back to the guild meetings. She is such a hoot. I met her at Dragonfly Quilt Shop last Thursday , where she offered to stay and heckle me as I taught a quilt class.


I have several more posts to come . I have lots of quilts to get quilted. I also am Social Chair at the guild and we are decorating the tables for prizes this year. Guess who is making the prizes? Almost done with them and I have a huge bite out of my Christmas list too. There was a Artists Market in Danielsville last week and I got gifts for a lot of people. I like buying things other artists have made.
The cows are getting another bath today. They have been so sparky lately. I was walking fence yesterday , trying to figure out how one ended up in my in laws driveway. The whole herd ( 31 ) followed me , imagine 31 1000 pound animals galloping and bucking around the pasture. We also have been invaded by 3 new horses over across the creek and that is freaking my horses out. The good news is with the new fence on the other side of the creek my cows won't be able to get out as easily.
Later................



No comments:

Post a Comment