Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve


This is my Christmas stocking from my childhood, I found it in the decorated cheese hoop box , which was made by my mother in law.  Life is very different this Christmas , we lost both of my in laws this year and my mom moved away to my sister's house. My mom made stockings for each of her 4 children , I don't know if any of the others have survived the decades , but mine is in amazingly good shape for something 50 years old. My mother in law made dozens of these cheese hoop boxes .  I had to force her to take $20(each)  for some that she made for me to give as gifts. I have 2  , one that is out all the time and this one that only comes out in December.
Merry Christmas Eve from the farm!
 The cows are  getting their 1st hay rolls of the season so they are celebrating . That means they are out there mooing their heads off at the man on the tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment