Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year from the farm! Look out world , we are adding a new species to the farm. Chickens in 2012! The coup was made for my husband by his employees ( Whitsel Construction Services ) Over the years it has proven very difficult to surprise the man, but this year we succeeded, although at first Curtis thought we had given him something to decorate the top of the barn. It is now in place on the farm , near my barn/studio so I will be able to keep an eye on the girls from my room. Might have to arm myself with a slingshot to run off any varmints . Wow, I just learned something from Word , I don't think I have ever spelled varmints correctly ! Hopefully 2012 will be a more consistant amount of blogging from the farm. My current knitting project is my next subject , I have spent enough time today figuring out the newest Blogger changes. Happily , the changes make it a bit easier to use! Don't expect any hens in the coup until the spring warm up , the learning curve of chickens is steep enough with out adding frozen water to the mix.
Surprise !

Coup in place on the farm

Lucy likes it !
Belle thinks it's for her !



No comments:

Post a Comment