Friday, March 27, 2015

Ou la la ( not )

  


I am going off the usual topic fare here , as I usually post about quilting and such. The topic today is ordering fabric online. Lucky for me I have a dear friend who opens her expansive stash to not only me but all of Monday Madness Bee members. Unfortunately, she doesn't have any Mickey Mouse fabric.
I found some fabric featuring the mouse and ordered.  I realised that I could add in a bit more for the same shipping . I am building a stash of fabric featuring writing . Oh! One was this cute fabric with French words , oh wait, I digress. When I went to the checkout stand I was met with the following.
If we do not have the full amount of something you ordered please:
Send what you have - I'm stash building.
Cancel that item on my order.
Depends on which one - see instructions below.
Special Instructions & Comments
This is what I typed:  If the Mickey fabric is less than ordered cancel entire order. I will take what you have of the others . 

I got notice that Mickey was sold out  , popular little rat that he is and  assumed they wouldn't be sending anything else. Got notice of shipment. So, I called. As soon as I said I had issue with my order , the person on the other end of the phone went silent then I got a  curt " the internet person isn't here " 
received an email message with my instructions but they bolded the 2nd sentence. 
My response was to send back only the 1st sentence , "If the Mickey fabric is less than ordered cancel entire order." 

I also went to their Facebook and made a comment there. Nothing rude, just a comment about how I felt after calling. As someone who has worked in retail I know that the customer is always right .  I have navigated some very sticky situations when a customer was seriously angry and wrong. That's a story in itself.
We all make mistakes. I myself am fond of finding new ways to make mistakes everyday. In our present culture of texting , emailing and instant messaging , we seem to have forgotten how to read. My husband said in addition to not only punctuating properly he leaves an extra space in hopes the next sentence will make it into the brain.  All I can say is beware when ordering fabric online and think seriously of returning to sender when they get it wrong. No lesson is learned if you keep the 2 half yards of cute fabric which in my case really did speak to me , in French no less. Quel dommage
Off to a quilt store in hopes of finding Mickey and any fabric that speaks.
And I am happy to report at the end of the day , I came home with Mickey and words . Perfect !  





1 comment:

  1. The last sentence was in answer to the instruction from the web page that I didn't put in this article. The context was ,what will you take of any fabric you order. The sentences were written in order , in the same box. I really thought "If you are out of Mickey fabric cancel the entire order" was clear. I invite you to read my next installment of this story if you would like.

    ReplyDelete